The Ministry of Child and Youth Services (MCYS) provides funding to Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa (YSB) to provide services to clients within the Ottawa area. The ministry will now support only youths and their families ages 12-17. These changes will not affect YSB Community Programs, Employment and Youth Justice Services.
Changes will affect the following services:
- Mental Health Crisis Services (Integrated Crisis Line)
- Youth and Family Counselling Services (long-term counselling)
- Intensive Family Support (formerly MST-Multi Systemic Service Program-home based)
- All School Based Services (counselling, treatment centers)
- Walk-In Clinic Short-Term Counselling. Please note that clients ages 12- 20 can still drop-in at the weekly Walk-in Clinic every Tuesday and Thursday from 12-8pm (last appointment at 6pm).
Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa
Youth and Family Counselling Services — Orléans/Cumberland Office
240 Centrum Blvd—suite 105, Orléans, ON K1E 3J4
613-260-2360 (YSB Crisis Line)
613-830-4357 ext. 147 (office)
The Youth Services Bureau (YSB) is organized around 4 key areas :
mental health – you or your family can talk to someone who can help you understand issues or difficulties affecting your life and your emotional well-being;
community and housing – struggles to meet basic needs;
employment – finding a job can be stressful, we can help reduce that stress and frustration while job searching or entering/re-entering the workplace;
youth justice – if you are in conflict with the law, we can offer you choices regarding decisions to make about your life and future, give you the knowledge, training and counselling you need.
Info. (613) 830-4357 ext. 147
Youth Canada – Find a job
To help you find a job, this page has useful links to guide you through every stage of the job-hunting process.