The Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre (OCCRC) was founded in 1988 thanks to a group of volunteers.
Through the years, the contribution and dedication of volunteers have been key to the evolution of the OCCRC.
Do you have questions on the OCCRC Volunteer Program?
Would you like to know more on current volunteer opportunities at the OCCRC?
Call 613-830-4357, ext.307 or send an email to the Volunteer Program Coordinator: email@example.com
Which benefits do I get from being a volunteer?
- Diversify your experience in the workplace
- Develop your skills
- Share your talents and expertise
- Meet people and make new friends
- Make your CV more attractive to potential employers
- Increased sense of self-worth by helping people
- Participation in fun and rewarding activities
- As a volunteer, you also get the opportunity to make a difference in your community
What does the OCCRC offer its volunteers?
- Interesting tasks that can be completed on a flexible schedule (hours and dates)
- Support in a welcoming, stimulating and fulfilling environment
- Opportunities for orientation and training
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Opportunity to make a significant contribution to your community
- Networking activities
In which OCCRC programs and activities do volunteers participate right now?
- Early Years Centre
- Food Bank
- Fundraising initiatives
- Special events
- Community activities
- Board of Directors
- Family Support
- Basic repairs and maintenance work
- Christmas Program
- Tax Clinics
- Youth Program (ages 14 to 18)
Even though the volunteers are appreciated throughout the year, National Volunteer Week is the time to recognize publicly the contributions of the numerous volunteers who give their time and energy to the Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre. In 2017, our team of over 250 volunteers gave more than 10,000 hours of their time to the different programs and services offered at the Centre. These volunteers bring an array of skills and abilities essential in maintaining the quality of services available to the residents of our community. Our volunteers play a vital role in our ability to provide resources to our community members and their family.
The Board of Directors and the staff would like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you and honor the volunteers who work at the Centre.