Job title: Communication Coordinator
Position reports to: Executive Director, Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre (OCCRC)
The OCCRC is seeking a bilingual Communications for a part-time position 21 hours/per week. The Coordinator will play a key role in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of all communication activities at the Centre development and implementation of the 2018–2022 Communications Plan for the OCCRC.
The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the Centre has an appropriate and achievable communications plan and resources and activities to support it. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the key areas of communications such as printed materials, social media, the internal and external website as well as plays a key role in media relations.
The Communications Officer also supports the management team’s development and maintenance of a Communications strategy and plays a key contributory role in communications policy development.
Reporting to the OCCRC Executive Director, the Communication Coordinator will work closely with the senior management team, staff, volunteers and partners of the organization.
Responsibilities Related to Communications
- Coordination between Communications and fundraising strategies;
- Ensure funding strategies and Communications are aligned;
- Implement the 2018–2022 communications strategy and ensure the realization of key goals;
- Develop content and materials pertaining to communications, including email blasts, the OCCRC website and annual reports;
- Play a key role in social media engagement, such as working closely with program staff to encourage their contributions to content;
- Ensure pro-active and reactive media relations;
- Measure in a meaningful way the effectiveness or shortfalls of the organization’s communications products and strategies and recommend adjustments as required;
- Ensure consistent branding across all OCCRC communications products;
- Support the management of the Communications budget and work plan;
- Participate in discussions on the OCCRC budget and work plans.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate thoughts clearly and by using plain language;
- Proficiency in WordPress, Mail Chimp and knowledge of social media platforms;
- Excellent time management, decision making, organizational and problem-solving skills;
Education, Experience and Special Requirements
- Post-secondary degree in communications, public relations or other related fields;
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in communications, marketing or public relations;
- Work experience or volunteer experience in the not-for-profit sector would be an asset;
- Bilingual in both official languages – French and English;
- A clean criminal record check and a vulnerable sector check are two conditions of employment.
Applications must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. on March 1st, 2019.
are invited to submit in English or French their resume with a cover letter
outlining why they feel they would be suitable for this position to Luc
Ouellette, OCCRC Executive Director, by email to email@example.com. or by mail to OCCRC,
240 Centrum Blvd.,
Unit 105, Orléans ON K1E 3J4.
The OCCRC subscribes to the principles of employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. The OCCRC also strives to attract and retain highly talented employees and to provide them with opportunities to grow. Their diverse backgrounds allow the OCCRC to reaps the benefits of a wide variety of experiences and perspectives.
The OCCRC wishes to thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.