Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ]
Would you like to know more on the OCCRC Volunteer Program? Here are some Frequently Asked Questions.
Which benefits do I get from being a volunteer?
- Diversify your experience in the workplace
- Develop your skills
- Share your talents and expertise
- Meet people and make new friends
- Make your CV more attractive to potential employers
- Increased sense of self-worth by helping people
- Participation in fun and rewarding activities
- As a volunteer, you also get the opportunity to make a difference in your community
What does the OCCRC offer its volunteers?
- Interesting tasks that can be completed on a flexible schedule (hours and dates)
- Support in a welcoming, stimulating and fulfilling environment
- Opportunities for orientation and training
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
- Opportunity to make a significant contribution to your community
- Networking activities
In which OCCRC programs and activities do volunteers participate right now?
- Early Years Centre
- Food Bank
- Fundraising initiatives
- Special events
- Community activities
- Board of Directors
- Family Support
- Basic repairs and maintenance work
- Christmas Program
- Tax Clinics
- Youth Program (ages 14 to 18)
Note: You can meet the requirement of 40 hours of volunteer work for student placements in the summer only