Thank you to Mr. Andrew Leslie, MP for Orléans, who took the time to come to the Centre and chat with students hired through the federal Canada Summer Jobs program.
The OCCRC is one of the 40 sites across Canada participating in the Canada’s first country-wide HIV Testing Day on June 27th from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Read more about this event.
The OCCRC has held its AGM and 30th year’s celebration on June 18th with great success!
Over 70 people attended the AGM and close to 140 enjoyed the BBQ and family activities.
Thank you for your continual support throughout all these years. It is a real privilege to serve the communities or Orléans, Cumberland, Navan, Vars, Sarsfield and Carlsbad Springs.
Looking forward to seeing you next year!
Thank you so much to the local artists of the Navan Fine Arts Group. In April this talented group held their annual spring sale at the Navan arena and raised close to $500 in support of our Centre. If you would like to see some of their beautiful items for sale please click here to visit their web site .
On May 26th the “Fast and the Fleurious” team from Bellefleur Physiotherapy here in Orléans ran in support of our Centre. Thanks to their team’s incredible efforts they were able to collectively raise just shy of $2,000… but they have not stopped trying to reach their goal even though the race is now done. If you would like to support their amazing journey please click here. Thank you to this hard working team for their dedicated support!
In support of the Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre.
Please join us for the 2oth annual “Move Your Feet so Kids Can Eat” Walk-a-Thon Hosted by the Ottawa Voyageurs Walking Club.
This is a great community event for the whole family!
Registration and start time:
10 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
5 & 10 km mapped walks
240 Centrum Blvd #105, Orléans,
Ontario, K1E 3J4
Walk ends at: 1 p.m.
Contact: Kathy Luten
Tel / Tél: 613 830-7437 Fax / Téléc: 830-4196
Printable Pledge Sheet Download at: http://ottawa-voyageurs.wikidot.com/pledg-sheet
Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend Scotiabank Charity Challenge or
Kichesippi Workplace Runoff
Thanks to the incredible team at Bellefleur Physiotherapy, our Centre has received the great honour of being one of the official charities receiving funds from this year’s Scotiabank Charity Challenge/ Kichessippi Workplace Runoff during the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend on May 26-27, 2018. Emily and the rest of the Bellefleur “Fast and the FLEURious” team have already begun their fundraising challenge, won’t you help them via a donation OR join them and help to support the OCCRC in reaching our 2018 goal of $3,500?
Sign up to run 2k, 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon or full marathon on May 26-27, 2018. When registering for your race, be sure to select the Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre as the charity you wish to run in support of in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge or Kichessippi Workplace Runoff section of the signup form.
Step-by-step instructions for registering for the Ottawa Race Weekend
(Scotiabank Charity Challenge):
- Register for the event you would like to race in HERE
- Choose the day you wish to participate/ your event (2K/5K/10K/Kids marathon,etc)
- Fill in your Participant Information fields
- Under Scotia Charity Challenge click the “Create Personal Fundraising Web Page”
- Choose Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre as the charity you would like to run for
- Continue filling out fields
- Enter credit card information
- You will receive a confirmation email confirming your registration from the Tamarack Ottawa Race Weekend
- Create your fundraising page for Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre HERE OR contact Cindy for assistance getting started. Please ensure to choose “ participate as an individual”
- Start fundraising by sharing your fundraising page link through your social media and network channels.
- Run/walk proudly on May 26/27, knowing you made a difference in right here in our community!
Step-by-step instructions for registering your workplace for the Kichesippi Workplace Runoff challenge:
- Register for the workplace challenge HERE
- Choose your charity (hopefully the Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre)
- Get your team tracking code (email your complete team list to firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Sign up for your race
- Create your team page
- Train and fundraise!
- Enjoy a fun filled with your team knowing you are making a difference for families and individuals here is Orléans, Cumberland, Sarsfield, Vars, Navan and Carlsbad Springs!
- **Everyone who participates in the Kitchesippi Workplace Runoff will receive a ticket to an Ottawa Champions baseball game… GRAND Prize
A VIP Kichesippi Party for your team including;
Brewery tour, Lunch, samples, mini brewing course
Every dollar raised by our participants directly supports the OCCRC’s Food Bank and Volunteer programs.
Questions? Contact Cindy at 613-830-4357 ext. 305
Thank you to all those who participate in this great community event!
On April 11, Mayor Jim Watson presented 21 Sovereign Medals for Volunteers on behalf Her Excellency the Right Honourable Julie Payette, Governor General of Canada.
Col (Ret’d) Jarrott Wilbert Holtzhauer has been an active fundraiser for the Orléans-Cumberland Community Resource Centre for 22 years, as well as a committed member of the Friends of the Canadian War Museum. He is supporting the Food Bank, community activities and is an active member of the Fund Development and Promotion Program Committee. His resourcefulness and knowledge has helped build relationships with local sponsors and donors in order to maintain quality programs for the community.