School Supplies Program
Why a School Supplies Program?
- Back to school may add significant financial pressures to an already tight budget, especially for low-income families
- The School Supplies Program helps these families in the Orléans-Cumberland community with children and youth (from Kindergarten to Grade 12)
- They are provided with all kinds of school supplies
Registration period: from June 1st to August 3, 2018
• Must be a resident of Orléans-Cumberland and a low-income family (See income chart)
• Must provide the following documents to register:
• Proof of ID for all members to the family
• Proof of address and income for each adult in the household (18 years +)
Registration will be done during food bank hours. Come in person. Please arrive an hour before closing times.
• Tuesday 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
• Thursday 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Friday: 9:00 to noon
The OCCRC needs your support so that it can continue to make the School Supplies Program a great success! Here is a number of suggestions for donations of supplies that are always in very high demand:
- University-style backpacks with sturdy straps
- Fabric pencil cases
- Lunch bags
Or the following items which are greatly appreciated as well:
- HB pencils
- Pencil sharpeners
- Geometry sets
- Glue sticks
- Coloured pencils
- Safety scissors
- Lined paper
- Graph paper
- Colour crayons
- USB flash drives
- Combination padlocks
Donations of supplies as well as monetary donations can be dropped off at the OCCRC office Monday to Friday, between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m.
The OCCRC thanks you for your support!